Misal Pav is a typical Maharashtrian street food. Matki or moth beans in gravy topped with raw onions, coriander leaves and a dash of lemon. Best enjoyed with Pav or also with bread.
- 1 and a half cups sprouted Matki or Moong /Green gram boiled
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- A pinch of turmeric
- 2 tsps chilly powder
- 1 tsp Goda masala
- 1/2 inch piece ginger
- 3 medium sized onions chopped fine
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 medium sized tomatoes chopped fine
- 1 inch stick cinnamon
- 5 cloves
- 1tbsp dhania jeera/Coriander and Cumin powder.
- 2 tbsps Copra/ Dry coconut grated
- Pav or slices of bread
- Chopped onions, coriander leaves, lemon wedges and farsan or sev.
Heat oil n add the mustard. After it splutters add the onions and ginger garlic paste and roast till it gives its aroma. Add the copra and roast. Powder the cinnamon and cloves and add them. Add the chilly, dhania jeera, goda masala powder and haldi and roast for a few mnts. Add the chopped tomatoes and salt and roast till the tomatoes are mashed well. Add the boiled matki or moong, salt and boil well.
Serve the misal in a plate. Top it with farsan or sev. Garnish with chopped onions, coriander leaves and lemon wedges. Relish the misal with Pav or bread.
Copyright © 2018 by Vinaya Prabhu. All rights reserved.