Another favourite snack is the Sabudana/ Sago pearl vada. It is popular as an evening snack and is accompanied by a yoghurt dip.
- 250 gms Sabudana/ sago pearls
- 4 potatoes pressure cooked
- 2 tsps jeera/cumin seeds
- 12 green chillies
- 100 gms roasted peanuts crushed coarsely
- Salt sugar and lemon juice as per taste.
- Coriander leaves chopped fine.
- Oil for frying
Wash and soak the sabudana in just enough water to cover it for 5 hours. Mash the boiled potatoes and grind the green chillies and sugar. Add salt, whole jeera, lemon juice the peanut crush and the chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Refrigerate for two hours. Pinch portions of the dough and roll into balls. Flatten them as shown in the picture. Heat oil. Fry them in batches of four till they are crisp and golden.
For the dip.
- One cup curds beaten till smooth and creamy
- 3 tsps Sugar
- 1/4 tsp jeera/cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp chaat masala
- 1/4 tsp chilly powder
- Coriander leaves chopped finely
- A few pomegranate seeds
Add all the above mentioned ingredients to the curd and mix well. Serve with the vada.
Note:The vada dough is refrigerated for a couple of hours so that the vadas do not soak up oil.
Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved.