This aromatic Rasam powder will leave one drooling. I was really touched when Viji Athreye my friend shared her mother’s traditional recipe of this authentic Rasam powder. The whole house is filled with the aroma of freshly roasted spices. Thankyou Viji for the share.
- 1.5 tbsps pepper corns
- 3 tbsps Jeera /cumin seeds
- 1.5 tbsps mustard
- 1.5 tbsps methi /Fenugreek seeds
- 1tsp urad dal / black gram dal
- 1 tsp toor dal/ split Pigeon peas
- 1 tsp Chana dal/Bengal Gram dal
- A medium sized bunch of curry leaves
- A small piece of Hing/asafoetida
Other ingredients :
(Not to be roasted)
- 50gms chilly powder
- 125 gms Coriander powder
- 1 tbsp Haldi/turmeric powder
Dry roast the first set of ingredients mentioned above separately, till it gives its aroma and powder them fine. Mix this powder with the second set of ingredients mentioned. Store in an air tight container and use as and when required.
Copyright © 2018 by Vinaya Prabhu. All rights reserved.