A simple Tutti fruiti cake which is ready in just an hour. Fragrant, easy to make and a must try for beginners and those who prefer baking without eggs.
1 cup Curds
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 and 1/4 cup Maida/ APF
1 and 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp Vanilla essence
1/2 cup Vegetable oil
A handful of tutti fruiti
Ghee or oil to grease the tin
- In a bowl take 1 cup curds. Whisk it to ensure that there are no lumps.
- Sieve the powdered sugar into it and mix till it dissolves.
- Add the baking powder and baking soda and mix well. It will turn frothy and will bubble up. Keep it aside for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the vanilla essence and the vegetable oil. Mix through till the oil gets well incorporated.
- Now add the maida/ all purpose flour and mix.
- Add the tutti fruiti and mix gently.
- Transfer it to a baking tin lined with parchment/ butter paper or just grease the tin with ghee and sprinkle a little maida over it. Bake at 180 degrees for 30-40 mins in microwave on convection + microwave mode. You can also bake it in a pressure cooker without the pressure. Just tip in table salt into the pressure cook and allow to heat well. Place a steel ring or trivet on the salt and place the baking tin on it. Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- A toothpick inserted into the cake should come out clean. If not bake for another ten minutes.
- De mould once it comes to room temperature and serve.
Copyright © 2021 by Vinaya Prabhu. All rights reserved.
For more vegetarian recipes please join Vegetarian Culinary Delights by Vinaya on Fb.