I had some batter leftover after making the Cabbage Pakora. Decided to make a Thalipeet by adding some multi grain flour to it. It was simply delicious!!
- 3 onions finely chopped
- Cabbage the same quantity as that of the chopped onions
- 1 potato deskinned and grated
- 3 green chillies
- 2 inch piece of ginger
- 100 gms of Besan/Chickpea flour
- 100 gms of rice flour
- 100 gms of multi grain flour
- 1 tsp chilly powder
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp ajwain /Carom seeds
Make a paste of the ginger and green chillies. Add the chopped coriander leaves, chilly and turmeric powder, ajwain, salt and the chopped cabbage, onions and potato. Keep aside for ten minutes. The onions release water. Add the Besan, rice flour and the multigrain flour. Sprinkle a little water to make it a patable dough. Heat the skillet/tava. Take a portion of the dough and pat it on to the hot skillet to a six inch diameter and 2mm thick Thalipeet. Drizzle oil. Roast. Flip and roast on the other side too. Serve as is or with chutney.
Copyright © 2017 by Vinaya Prabhu. All rights reserved.