Sabudana /Sago Pearl Thalipeet is another dish that is made while fasting or while observing ‘vrat’ /vow. It is a boon to the working woman as the dough can be used to make roast a Thalipeet, fry a Vada or to make an oil free Appo. Recipes to all can be found in this website.
- 250 gms Sabudana/ sago pearls
- 4 potatoes pressure cooked
- 2 tsps jeera/cumin seeds
- 12 green chillies
- 100 gms roasted peanuts crushed coarsely
- Salt sugar and lemon juice as per taste.
- Coriander leaves chopped fine.
- Oil for roasting the Thalipeet
Wash and soak the sabudana in just enough water to cover it for 5 hours. Mash the boiled potatoes and grind the green chillies and sugar. Add salt, whole jeera, lemon juice the peanut crush and the chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Pinch portions of the dough and roll into balls. Flatten them as shown in the picture on a plastic sheet. Heat a Tava/Skillet. Drizzle with a tsp of oil. Gently slide the Thalipeet on to the Tava and smear it with a little oil. Roast on both sides till well done. Serve with a dip.
For the dip.
- One cup curds beaten till smooth and creamy
- 3 tsps Sugar
- 1/4 tsp jeera/cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp chaat masala
- 1/4 tsp chilly powder
- Coriander leaves chopped finely
- A few pomegranate seeds
Add all the above mentioned ingredients to the curd and mix well. Serve with the Thalipeet.
Copyright © 2018 by Vinaya Prabhu. All rights reserved.