A fragrant Huli can be made from this home made Huli Powder from Karnataka. Huli is a preparation in which vegetables of one’s choice along with Dal / cooked split Pigeon peas and tamarind are seasoned and served over rice.
- 2 tbsps Chana dal/Bengal Gram Dal
- 1 tbsp urad dal / Black gram dal
- 2 Marathi moggu
- 1inch piece of cinnamon
- 4 tbsps coriander seeds
- 1/2 tbsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 1/4 tbsp methi/fenugreek seeds
- 12 Byadgi chillies
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- A pea sized piece of hing /asafoetida
In a pan dry roast all the above ingredients separately till they give out a good aroma. Powder all the ingredients together. Store in an air tight container when cool.
Copyright © 2018 by Vinaya Prabhu. All rights reserved.