Dahi Batata poori literally means Yoghurt and potatoes served in pooris or canapés. Here too a variety of chutneys are used but the main filling is of potato and sometimes with boiled moong thrown in.
- 50 pooris
- 3 potatoes boiled and mashed
- 100 gms moong sprouts boiled
- A small bunch of coriander leaves
- 5 sprigs mint leaves
- 10 green chillies
- 1inch piece of ginger
- 5 flakes of garlic (optional)
- Juice of one lemon
Grind the above to a smooth paste.
Tamarind and jaggery chutney
- A tennis size ball of tamarind
- 10 dates de seeded
- Jaggery as per taste
- A pinch of roasted jeera and chilly powders.
Soak the tamarind in hot water and extract pulp. Boil the dates too and puree them. Boil the tamarind pulp, date pulp, jaggery, salt, chilly and jeera powder together. Keep aside.
- 500 ml dahi churned
- Chaat masala
- Jeera powder
- Chilly powder
- Coriander leaves chopped
- Add sugar and salt as per requirement to the curd and mix well.
Make a hole in the puri and arrange them on a plate. Fill the potato, moong, sweet chutney, green chutney and the curds. Sprinkle Chaat masala, jeera powder and chilly powder. Garnish with sev and coriander leaves.