Bhel poori is a chaat made of puffed rice. A variety of chutneys are added, raw onions , boiled potatoes, coriander leaves and bits of raw mango are tossed in and it is served with a flat poori which serves as a spoon. ❤️
- 250gms puffed rice
- 1 large potato boiled, peeled and chopped
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- Sev a fistful
- Coriander leaves to garnish.
- 1/2 tsp Everest chat masala.
- Raw mango bits (optional)
- A small bunch of coriander leaves
- 5 sprigs mint leaves
- 10 green chillies
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 inch piece of ginger
Grind the above to a smooth paste.
- 3 tbsps Everest tikhalal
- 8 garlic cloves
Grind all together to a smooth paste.
- 5 dates
- A tennis size ball of tamarind
- Jaggeryaccording to taste
- 1 tsp roasted jeera powder.
Soak the tamarind in hot water and extract pulp.
De seed the dates.
Grind the pulp along with the dates to a smooth paste.
Pour it into a vessel. Add jaggery and salt and boil till it becomes a litlle thick.
Add the roasted jeera powder, give one boil n switch off.
Take the puffed rice in a vessel. Add the various chutneys as per taste and also add the boiled potato, tomato, onions, raw mango bits and chat masala. Garnish with coriander leaves and sev.