This open sandwich is my all time favourite . Extremely popular in Karnataka, especially in Bengaluru, it is a blend of garam masala, chilly, onions, tomatoes and coriander leaves. One has to taste it to understand why it is so popular!
- 6 slices of bread toasted gently.
- One very large onion sliced
- One tomato chopped fine
- A small piece of carrot grated
- 3 green chillies chopped fine
- A sprig of curry leaves chopped fine
- Coriander leaves chopped
- A pinch of dalchini/cinnamon and lavang/cloves powder
- 2tsps Sambhar powder
- 1/2 tsp chilly powder
- A pinch of haldi/ turmeric powder
Heat 2 tbsps oil. Add half a tsp of jeera. After it splutters add the sliced onions, curry leaves and green chillies with salt and roast till transparent. Add the grated carrots, the dalchini , lavang, chilly, sambhar and haldi powders. Toss. Add the tomatoes and cook for a minute. Add the coriander leaves and mix well. Spread the mixture on the slightly toasted bread and serve it as it is or with ketchup.
Copyright © 2018 by Vinaya Prabhu. All rights reserved.