This is a typical Mangalorean style recipe which we call ‘Humman’. Potatoes, Navy beans or any lentils of choice can be used. Here I have used sprouted Hyacinth Beans/Val. The non vegetarians can replace it with Prawns. Best served with Rice.
- 250 gms sprouted Hyacinth Beans
- 1 potato deskinned and cubed
- Half of a large coconut grated
- 12 roasted red chillies
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- A pea sized piece of Hing/asafoetida
- 3 tbsps Parachute coconut oil
Cook the sprouted Hyacinth Beans along with the potato in salted water. Grind the coconut, asafoetida, roasted red chillies and tamarind to a smooth paste. Pour it into the cooked Beans, and potato mixture. Boil well and drizzle with Coconut oil.
Copyright © 2017 by Vinaya Prabhu. All rights reserved.